Monday, July 21, 2008

Soldier's Confusion (Poem)

I wasn't born to lead nor was I born to follow.
I have no misconceptions. I have no denial.
I was born to live, and I was born to live free.

I have sacrificed my freedom to give others freedom.
I have no opinion. I am a robot, a construct, an idea.
There is no denial, there no misconception.

I am what I am because that is what happened.
I haven't a say, the world does not revolve around me.
I am a subject to a higher authority, a subject of man.

I am a disciple to a doctrine of war and bitterness.
I am a warrior, a scholar, a diplomat.
I have no misconception. I have been bred for this.

I am a lover, a fighter, a destroyer of lives.
I was born to live, not to die, trained to lead and follow.
I have no misconceptions. I have no denial.

I am the product of many generations.
I am mindless, brainwashed, directed.
I haven't a word to say, nor an opinion to express.

There is no doubt here that I am a vessel.
I am a conduit, a message, a sign.
I am organized in my hive, a drone, a unit.

I am a soldier.
There is no denial, there is no misconception.
I haven't an opinion or an ideal.

I leave those ideals to you.

No comments: