Monday, July 21, 2008

Knight

She's turning on her bedroom light. Her curtains are open and the blinds are parted so I can see inside. She's beautiful, she is everything I desire. She is my Juliette and I can't help but cry inside. It hurts so much that she doesn't even know I exist.

I hide behind her bushes and I peer at her silken body. I watch her undress out of her clothes and as she unbuckles the back strap of her black satin bra, I know what I had to do.

I get up and sneak around the tree where a tree house was built so many years ago when she was a child. I watched her growing up and I knew she was meant for me. I climb the oak tree and low crawl into the rotting wood frame of the house. I peer again through my binoculars and she runs her slender fingers through her hair.

Her hair is so blonde, natural and pure. She is a queen among men and she doesn't even know it. She went through high school and became the prom queen. She didn't really consider herself that beautiful. She suffers from a lack of self esteem. I can remedy her pain.

She draws her fingers down her toned body and peels off her underwear. Trimmed and well kept, she looks needy, she looks lonely. She looks like a damsel waiting to be rescued. I am her knight and I will save her from herself. She just doesn't realize it yet.

I look over and I see a Mercedes roll into the drive way. I haven't seen this vehicle before. It wasn't her parent's sedan. They were out on vacation. I know this because I saw the brochures in their garbage. They have been planning this trip for over a year now. A well deserved vacation of rest and relaxation. She's alone now. I can see her desire for my company in her eyes.

A broad man with a crew cut comes out of the Mercedes and rings on her doorbell. I quickly turn my attention to her window and she wraps herself in a pink robe. Barefoot, she walks out and turns off the lights.

Moments later the front door opens and I see her wrapping her arms around this stranger. I see her kiss him and she lifts one leg up as though this were some stupid advertisement for a deodorant. I immediately become angry, I feel my heart plummet into my gut and I feel outrage.

How could she do this to me? She doesn't really love him, there is no way! We were meant to be together. This man is taking her away from me. I know what I must do. I remain quiet and I catch myself. I hold my breath and release a calm sigh. I must remain collect and collected.

Her light turns back on and I see her fall on her bed. This man I had never seen, he crawls over her and slips his fingers inside her robe. She draws a leg up and wraps it around his waist. I can't handle this. I can't bear to see this any longer. I have to do something. I must save her before she makes a mistake she will regret for the rest of her life. I am her knight. She just doesn't realize it yet.

I get up and take several steps forward. If I jump, I can grab to the vines crawling up a lattice fence. I can break the window with my binoculars and I can then enter her domain. The man is stronger than me. He looks taller and healthier as well, but I have something that he doesn't. I have the moment of surprise!

I enact my plan and the lattice doesn't seem to hold my weight. I feel the wood cracking and I try desperately to grab anything that could hold me up. I can't fluke this up. I won't have another chance. I try and grab for another slice of wood but I lose my grip and splinters drive into my palm. Blood begins pouring down and the bottom of the fence snaps.

I fall from the wall and I feel a pain in the back of my head. I can't feel my legs and I'm trying to pull the splinters out of my hand. Did they hear me fall? I can still make it up there. I can still save her. I just need to tell my legs to move! I can do this! I have to save her, it's my duty! I'm her knight and she just doesn't know it yet.

Her window draws open and the curtains blast out from the wind. I see her leaning out and she notices me. She looks at me and I look at her. She knows that I am here to save her. She looks astonished and amazed. She's surprised and she looks like she's in shock.

I see her leave the window sill and I can hear her bare feet padding down the steps of her house. She's coming to me, I knew she would. I knew she would come to me and we could live forever, happy and free.

She opens the door and comes to me, the man follows behind her and he has a cell phone in his hand. I think he's calling the police. I can't make out what he's saying. She comes over to me and says my name.

"Oh God…" She says to me. She looks up and down my body and I can't help but see that he knows now that she should be with me. I can't reply to her just yet, I can't seem to muster words, my lips tingle and my eyes grow heavy. I feel tired and I still can't move my legs.

She places a hand on my cheek and I lean over trying to kiss it. She's my damsel and I am her knight, she will be saved and we will live together. We'll be together forever.

I'm too tired to move though, and I can't pucker my lips. I lick her knuckle and I close my eyes. I need to rest first and then I can take her away with me. I feel so cold now, but it's a hot day in spring. I'll feel better in the morning. I know I will.

No comments: