Monday, July 28, 2008

Final War - Politician

I felt the trigger tighten against my fingertips and I knew the cold metal enclosed in the palm of my hand begin to glow red with heat. The sweat on my brow could have ruined by devilish gaze on the man before me. This poor worthless being beneath me, on his knees and tied up, praying to his god that would let him loose.


I stood there behind my black mask and I had the barrel of the gun pointed at his skull. With a single trigger I could end his life. I imagined his blood splattering against the back of the metal walls. I could hear the sound of his flesh splattering on the floor and then the sudden pounding a hundred pounds slamming against the ground. The sense of power overwhelmed me. He was at my will and control and I controlled him. Life and death was in my hands, this stuck pig hadn't a clue.


He looks up at me with puppy dog eyes and he pleas for his own salvation. It is amazing what someone will say to you in order to take another breath. He tells me he can give me all of his gold, his gems, and the money in his bank accounts. He told me that I could take everything from him, everything. He said I could do whatever I wanted so long as he lived. This selfish pig.
He begs for his life and I can't help but vomit inside my black mask. I could taste the vomit on my tongue, and I could feel the burn sizzle the inside of my throat. I hated him for it. I hated this man below me, this rubbish, this trash, this man who put material things so dear to him.


He was talking about what else I could take from him. I slammed him in the skull as hard as I could with the back of my pistol. I could hear his skull crack, I understood the sound of my convictions and I felt strong. I knew that what he said were lies and what he stood for was the destruction of my idea. I knew he was the enemy, the lamb of Satan, the destruction of everything I hold precious.


He drops to the ground and groans loudly. He yells in pain and I kick him as hard as I could. I told him to shut up. I told him to stand straight and to never speak to me again, not in the tongue of a man able to compromise. He was everything I hated. He was the epitome of self destruction and it was my duty to relieve him of this duty.


I hold the gun to his head and I ask him if he wanted to live. What would he give to live? Not in the matter of material worth but what he felt he could offer back to the people he stole from. I asked him what he could do to solve the problems in the world. With his power and influence, he could do plenty.


He replied that he was only a man and that he couldn't solve anything. He spoke that he could only resolve the issues with the support of his people and that everything I spoke of couldn't be solved because they were too impractical. Everything I stood for was a lie; everything I stood for was a fool's hope, a blind dream.


I lean forward and I thrust my elbow into his face. I yell at him and I curse at him, this man could solve so much but he wouldn't listen to me. I told him what had to be done and he was just some politician stuck in a cabinet of stale and overdate vegetables. I told him he needs to fix the problems and he denies me. He tells me that he can not. With a gun with a loaded bullet, he tells me he is useless.


I pull the trigger and I watch his skull spread apart in front of me. I watch his grey matter splatter against the back of a dark metal wall and I yell at his destroyed face as he falls to the ground. I yell at him for his failing deeds, I yell that he was weak and that he was nothing but a coward. I yell at the corpse like it could hear me. I yell at it, but I knew he was dead and that he couldn't hear anything I said. I yelled at him and I understood that my hatred was far deeper than the pure hatred for the headless man below my feet.


I tap on the side of the wall and the back of the box opens to me. The moonlight floods in and I look at two individuals, both of them masked. I tell them to remove this body, to hide it, make it disappear. They drag the headless body from the truck and toss him aside. I step out of the back of the vehicle and I slam the side of it with the hilt of my pistol. I curse loudly and I scare a flock of birds sleeping nearby.


I walk over to the driver of the truck and I lean against the open window. I remove my black mask and I stare at him in disgust. I tell the driver that he didn't speak and he couldn't solve our problems. I said that he was a coward and everything he held dear was now simply worthless to him. He nodded his head and told us all to move out.


I moved aside and I walked around the front of the vehicle to the passenger side. I watched the other two men grab the headless corpse, now tied down with heavy bricks, over the side of a bridge. I ordered them to hurry themselves up and to get back inside the van. I told them we don't have much time and we had to leave soon.


They dropped the body over the side of the concrete wall and moments later a loud splash is heard from a distance. I slam the door closed and I look over my left shoulder to a small window covered in cross meshed wire. I yelled for them to hurry up back there. I told them if they didn't hurry that I would shoot them personally. I told them.


They were mumbling to each other and then they jump in the back of the vehicle. They close the double doors behind them and order use to drive away. The driver, he takes the gear shift and slams it into drive. He presses on the gas and we cruise off into the darkness. He turns on the light just in time to see a sign that read that Louisiana was 57 miles away.


I told the driver to drive faster, he still had half a tank of gas left and we could make it half way to Georgia before any questions would be asked. I pulled open the map and I took a glimpse at our route towards the District of Columbia. I knew what was necessary, and I could only hope the fools in the back of the truck cleaning the blood and goo from the walls could follow my orders when it came down to it.

No comments: