Monday, July 28, 2008

Change - ch. 3

“I don’t know what the hell happened over the past few years. The media had a hype before the broadcast was cut by the government. The people never had the chance to figure out what the hell really happened.

It all started with that damn terrorist attack on the twin towers. It only got worse from there. Governments around the world began to implement a “more gun” quality control. They figured that the more people that had guns, the less likely terrorists would make a move for fear of failure. Their only way to Mecca would be stopped by a Gentile.

I, along with the rest of my people were complacent. World politics had never been a real influence on us. Not really. We were American after all. The land of the free, the land of the true, and the land that God himself graced up to spread democracy around the globe. I can’t deny that fact. Who could? No American could, at least that was my idea before everything went to shit.

My name is Gerald Witager and I am one of the last broadcasters capable of broadcasting on an A.M. station. It’s not for lack of trying. I used to be a news anchor on CNN, but well, there really wasn’t much use for them anymore, let alone any news agency.

In a way, I felt happy they were gone. No longer would my stories be edited by those damn pigs up at corporate. I am now able to distribute my story around to the huddled masses without fear of losing my job! I no longer had a job. There wasn’t a job for anyone. The world had gone terribly wrong.

This is my final broadcast at this location. I am recording this for others to one day listen to. I hope that in the end, man will succeed in whatever that is out amongst us. Whatever this… This plague is.”

The broadcasted ended quickly and the transmission ended here. Gerald had taken the tape deep underground. He wouldn’t release it to the hungry masses until it was completed. It would never be completed.

Jerry, that was the name he liked to be called by, he was a young journalist out of college. He showed great potential in the field of video editing and story documentary. Unfortunately, all of that went away after Houston. All of his hopes and dreams would be flushed away when he was assigned to cover the footage at NASA.

No comments: